Greek chicken salad is a very yummy recipe. It can be made with lemon, olive oil, oregano, black pepper, chicken and many more ingredients. It will be very juicy and flavorful. It is a simple recipe and easy too. You can add this recipe in your meal rotation. Well…let us start step by step all ingredients and cooking method of Greek chicken salad.
Ingredients for the chicken:
- Black pepper powder – 3 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Dried oregano – 1 1/2 table spoon
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 3 table spoon
- Lemon juice – 2 table spoon
- Boneless chicken breasts – 6
- Vinegar – 2 table spoon
- Chopped and mashed garlic – 2 table spoon
You may like : Red Cabbage Salad for Weight Loss
Ingredients for the salad:
- Chopped lettuce – 1 cup (your wished size)
- Chopped tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- Chopped cucumber- 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
- Cubed feta cheese 1/2 cup
- Chopped carrots, radishes – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Celery – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Take a big bowl and add black pepper, dried oregano, salt, extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice together and mix it well.
- Add boneless chicken breast to the bowl and mix it, rub both the sides, as it covers and gives good layer of the above said ingredients.
- It should marinate at least for 45 minutes, so let us wrap this dish with plastic and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Next dressing we have to keep ready for this chicken. Its very easy….take a bowl add olive oil, vinegar, garlic, dried oregano, salt, pepper and lemon. mix it well and pour in to the blender, let it blend properly and refrigerate until your chicken gets ready.
- Now we will have to make salad. For this take a bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber,onion and sprinkle pinch of salt and black pepper and add cubed feta cheese mix it well. Now your salad is ready, even this salad you can refrigerate.
- Next step is to cook the chicken. heat a grilled pan add little olive oil and add chicken breast, let it cook for 7-8 minutes in medium flame. Next repeat it for another side until it get brownish. Next pour that mixture which is refrigerated ( which we kept for dressing) on the chicken breasts, let it cook for 2 minutes.
Now your Greek chicken is ready to serve.
Garnish with some lettuce or celery and serve with Tortillas, which will be very yummy !!!
Note: For salad you can use some other ingredients like olives, carrots, celery, radishes etc. Its optional you can use your liked one. Then one more thing instead of olive oil use butter to that chicken breasts, it will be very tasty.