Idli is famous food of India. Especially famous in Southern parts, we use to make this recipe in once in a week. It’s a best breakfast recipe for your kids tiffin-box. This breakfast recipe takes long process but it’s tasty and healthy too. In dinner party idli is a best food with chicken curry or sambar or chatni is a good combination. There are many different types are there for preparing idli recipe. Here I have explained only two methods that is from Urad dal and from Idli rava.
My grand mother taught me this recipe when I was in 10th standard vacation. At that stage making idli recipe was very difficult. In vacations I was trying this recipe with my grany and mother. This breakfast recipe is very useful for beginners and newly wedded Girl. If you add a proper quantity of required ingredients then surely you will get soft idli. If you would like to start Hotel Business then I recommend this idli recipe. Because this is very cheapest recipe from which you can earn more profit. Well let me explain about idli recipe.
- Urad dal/ Black gram
- Raw rice
- Soak 2 cup raw rice and 1 cup black gram for 6 hours in water.
- Grind it till it become soft paste and add salt.
- Mix that batter well and keep for fermentation for about 8 hours.
- Add enough water to batter to make it thin, for smoother idli.
- Grease the idli mould with little oil.
- Fill the batter in the mould cook the idlis in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes on high flame and 5 minutes on low flame.
- Remove idli from idli mould.
Now hot idli is ready to serve. Idli is good combination with sambar or chatni even with chicken masala. Garnish Idli with tomato slices and cucumber slices with pepper powder.
Note: Instead of raw rice you can use idli rava. Then it will become rava idli. This rava idli is very easy method. No need to grind for urad dal for batter, no need to wait for marinated for a day etc…within few hours you can prepare this Rava Idli recipe. In this rava idli you can add some vegetables which is good for health, i.e. carrot, tomato slices etc.
Here easy step How to make Rava Idli:
- Dry roast idli rava till it become lukewarm.
- Allow it to cool for some time and add some curd without forming lumps.
- Heat oil, add seasonings and finely cut onions to it. Fry for 3 minutes in medium flame.
- Pour over curd rava mixture with little salt, minced green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, grated ginger and cooking soda.
- Mix well and fill in the greased idli plates, put little grated carrots on it.
- Pre heat pressure cooker with water first and keep idli plates inside.
- Steam idlis for 10 minutes
Now rava idli is ready to serve. I hope you have enjoyed my Urad Dal Idli and Rava Idli recipe. Try this recipe in your kitchen and feel free to give your comments and share your experience.