Are you looking for Thai food? Then here check it out how to prepare Thai food easily. In Thai food main ingredient is coconut. So here I am going to share how to prepare Coconut Rice Recipe. It is creamy coconut rice which is blended with coconut milk, ginger and red pepper flakes, which gives a good aroma and taste too. So it is very delicious recipe forever like my Lovely Sweet Pongal.
There are so many methods to prepare this coconut rice recipe. Here I have prepared in a simple way. Here you can use ripe mango slices or ripe papaya slices or orange flakes in to the recipe which gives a different taste and flavor. So any method you can choose.
- 2 cups of Basmati rice or long grain rice
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Brown sugar 1 table spoon
- Crushed Red pepper flakes – 2 table spoon
- Turmeric – ½ table spoon
- Finely chopped ginger – 2 table spoon
- Sliced almonds – ¼ cup (optional)
- Mango slices – 4-5
You may like: Granola with Maple and Pecans
- Take a sauce pan or cooker then add basmati rice and water stir well for 8-10 minutes.
- Next add coconut milk, salt, brown sugar crushed red pepper flakes, turmeric, finely chopped ginger mix it well, if required just add little water for consistency and cook for 8 minutes.
- Let it combine well, switch off your gas button.
- Now Thai Food with Coconut Rice Recipe is ready to serve.
- Remove rice from cooker and pour in big bowl.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, cilantro, tomato, mango slices or orange flakes.
Serve this with any salad recipe which will be a very best combination.
Note: Here I have used white basmati rice but it optional; you can use brown rice instead of white. Different rice takes different time to cook. So kindly check cooking directions in your package. If you want different flavor then use cilantro in coconut milk, it gives a good aroma and light greenish color to your recipe. Here almonds are optional instead of that you can use any other dry fruits like apricot, cashew nuts, Walnuts etc.