Are you looking for Sweet Breakfast Ideas? In this article I am going to share the easy and quick sweet breakfast idea with Sweet Pongal step by step. Pongal is done during the festival. But you can be made it in your daily dish like Gulab Jamun. You can use this as breakfast food or side dish in your lunch. Pongal is a famous food of Tamilnadu in India. There are different types of Pongal,like Oats pongal, moong dal pongal etc. But here I have explained moong dal pongal. Pongal can be made with daily usable ingredients like Moong dal, raw rice, jaggery, cardamom, milk, ghee etc. This is one of my Best Dessert Recipe.
- Raw Rice – 2 cup
- Milk – 1 liter
- Moongdal (green gram) – 1 cup
- Water – as required
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 table spoon
- Badam – 5-7 nuts
- Cashew nuts – 5-7 nuts.
- Raisins – 5-6 number
You may like: Healthy Snacks with Papdi Chat
- Take a bowl and add moongdal, wash it well and remove water.
- Fry that cleaned moongdal with little ghee until it get light brownish or golden color.
- Take a bowl and add above said quantity of raw rice and wash it well.
- Heat little (for consistency)water in a kadai and pour washed raw rice and fried moong dal into the hot water.
- Mix it well let it boil for 5-8 minutes.
- Next add (pour) above said quantity of milk and mix it well.
- Meanwhile you have to prepare jiggery syrup.
- Heat ½ cup of water and pour jaggery, let it melt completely, strain it well and remove dirt.
- Next add jaggery syrup to the Pongal, and let it boil.
- Pongal starts to become thicken.
- Next add ghee, cardamom powder, badam, cashew nuts to the pongal.
- Now switch off the gas stove.
- Now hot and sweet pongal is ready to serve. Garnish it with saffron, raisins etc.
Note: Use good quantity rice and ghee, so you can get good quality of Pongal. While adding badam, raisins and cashew nuts some points should be noted. Don’t add directly to the pongal. First heat little ghee in a pan and add badam, raisins and cashew nuts, let it get brownish color, then you can add to the pongal. It gives good taste and aroma. If you feel the pongal is too much thick then you can add extra milk while it boiling.