Red Cabbage Salad is an easy and the best weight loss recipe. It takes 10 minutes to prepare if you kept all ingredients ready. Red cabbage has a good nutritional benefit. You can add any vegetables to this salad like carrots, beetroots, tomatoes etc.
Health Benefits of Red Cabbage:
- It helps to get good eye sight: It is very rich in Vitamin A. This Vitamin A helps to get good eye sight.
- It acts as anti- ageing source: It is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Vitamin C and Vitamin E helps to maintain our skin and helps to give good glow to our skin.
- It helps in weight loss: It contains very less fat and good source of Vitamins and Minerals. So you can use it as weight loss recipe.
- It maintains blood pressure: It is rich in potassium which helps to maintain blood pressure.
- It fights against cancer: It contains many anti-cancer chemicals like Anthocyanin. It also rich in indoles which prevents breast cancer in women.
- It cures ulcer problem: It contains amino acid and glutamine which helps to cure ulcer problem.
Red Cabbage Salad can be made with some ingredients like red cabbage, carrots,lime juice, pecans, raisins, onions, cranberries, salt and many more ingredients. Let us know the quantity and name of that ingredients and cooking method.
Ingredients of Red Cabbage Salad:
- Shredded red cabbage – 2 cups
- Grated carrots – 1 cups
- Chopped red apple – 1 cup
- Lime juice squeezed – 3-4 table spoon
- Sliced seedless grapes -1 cup
- Pecans – ¼ cup
- Raisins – ¾ cup
- Chopped onions -1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cranberries – 1 cup
- Green chili chopped (optional)
- Take a big bowl add shredded red cabbage, grated carrots, chopped red apples, sliced seedless grapes, pecans, raisins, chopped onions, cranberries, green chili chopped and salt to taste.
- Add lime juice and stir well.
- Garnish with cilantro or any vegetable slices like carrots, cucumber etc, serve with Mutton Curry.
Note: Instead of red cabbage you can use green cabbage. But I prefer red cabbage because it is rich in Vitamin A than Green cabbage. Red Cabbage is having many more health benefits than Green Cabbage. Here I have used Pecans but its optional you can use Walnuts or Peanuts which gives different taste.