Are you looking for Healthy Breakfast? Then check this recipe which is very healthy breakfast that is nothing but Rava Upma Recipe. In this article I am going to explain how to make Rava Upma Recipe step by step. Upma is a famous food of South India. It can be made with Semolina or Rava. It can be made with different ways. In simple way also you can make. Some people make this upma by using different ingredients like tomato, carrot, green gram, peanut etc. This is one of the best and healthy breakfast recipes. It takes 15-20 minutes to prepare. You can use this recipe as morning breakfast or evening Snacks. You can serve this for your kids tiffin box because it is very healthy.
- Semolina (Rave / rava) – 2 cup
- Oil – 3-4 table spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 table spoon
- Dried red chili – 3 numbers
- Curry leaves – for seasoning
- Black gram (Urad dal) – 2 table spoon
- Pea nuts- 3-4 table spoon
- Green chili (chopped) – 2-3 numbers
- Onion chopped – 2 numbers
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Water as required
You may like: Aloo Bonda Recipe
- Heat a pan and pour rava in that and roast for few minutes until it get light golden color and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and pour above said oil, when oil heats put mustard seeds, red chili pieces and curry leaves.
- While mustard seeds starts to spluttering next add chopped onions, black gram, chopped green chili, peanuts and stir for 5-6 minutes until that onion gets light brown or golden color.
- Next boil water and keep aside.
- Then add roasted rava to the pan and mix it well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add boiled water to the pan (for consistency).
- Mix it well, next add jaggery and let it boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Add grated coconut to the pan mix it well.
- Sauté it for few minutes until it gets thick.
Now hot Rava upma recipe a healthy breakfast is ready to serve. Garnish it with cashew nuts, raisins or badam. You can serve slices of tomato, cucumber or onion along with this upma recipe. You might be knowing idli recipe. From that Idli you can make idli upma. Making process of idli upma takes only few minutes. Instead of throwing or wasting extra idlis you can make upma from it.
Note: Like Rava Upma Recipe you can make Idli upma, Oat upma etc. Different upmas gives different taste. Here you can use chopped tomatoes and boiled green gram which give immense taste. While adding onion slices to the pan add pinch of salt which helps onion to turn golden color very soon. Use healthy rave like oat rave or wheat rave while making upma.