Are you looking for a Healthy Breakfast for your kids? Then your in right place to know about Ragi Dosa which is a number one breakfast recipe. Other name for ragi is finger millet.Ragi is very rich in calcium. From ragi we can make a lot of dishes like ragi dosa, ragi idli, ragi mudde, ragi roti etc. You can get ragi flour easily in the market. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare ragi dosa. It can be made with ragi flour, grated coconut, jaggery etc. Let us know the ingredients and preparation of ragi dosa step by step.
Ingredients for Ragi dosa:
- Ragi flour – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- Salt to taste
- Water for consistency
- Ghee – 2 table spoon (optional)
- Take a bowl and add ragi flour and add water make a good batter as you can make a proper dosa. It must not be too thick and too thin.
- Next add grated coconut, jaggery, pinch of cardamom powder and salt, mix it well.
- Heat a pan and pour little batter on pan through the help of ladle and spread it.
- Sprinkle some ghee on the top of that dosa and flip it to other side and continue the same with medium flame.
- Now your Ragi dosa is ready to serve. It is a good combination with Chutney, sambar, dal and baji.
Note: Here I have used only jaggery. But so many options are there while preparing ragi dosa. You can add chopped onions, carrots etc. and chopped ginger, green chilies too. If you want to serve your small kids then use only jaggery, do not use any spicy items, but you can add carrots and onions as those items are very good for health and gives a good aroma. Instead of ghee you can use butter or oil, but I prefer only ghee. Here you can add rice flour , refined flour or gram flour and little of curd as it gives sourness to your dish.