This flavourfull Lentil soup is a packed with lentils, flax seeds, nutmegs, carrots, vegetable broth and some spices. It is a healthy soup as it’s taste is outstanding. I have a plenty of soup recipes in that this lentil soup is one of my favorite. I make this soup while gathering and like to serve to my friends and family. I would like to make this soup during rainy season with my lovely kids and husband. There are so many benefits you will get through this lentils.
Now will move towards our lentil soup step by step.
- Olive oil – 3 table spoon
- Chopped onion – 2
- Chopped carrots – 1 cup
- Chopped celery – 1/2 cup
- Salt as required
- Lentils – 1 bowl
- Nutmeg – 1 table spoon
- Cayenne – 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 table spoon
- Flax seeds – 1/4 cup
- Chopped tomatoes – 2
- Vegetable broth – 3 quarts
- Coriander powder – 1/2 table spoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 table spoon
- Take a pan and heat olive oil in a medium flame.
- Once it gets hot then add chopped onion, chopped carrots, chopped celery and salt to taste.
- Mix well and saute it for 6 minutes.
- Then add Lentils, Nutmeg, cayenne, Turmeric, flax seeds, tomatoes, vegetable broth and stir well, let it combine well.
- Let it boil in thr high flame, once its starts to boil then reduce the flame and cover the lid and continue cook for 40 minutes.
- Pour the boiled mixture into the blender and make a fine puree of it.
- Remove it in the serving Bowl and serve hot with American Chop Suey or Tortillas Here you can use garlic and ginger, mustard paste, grains of paradise, chicken broth etc. But it’s optional. You can use variety of ingredients while preparing lentil soup.