Phirni with fruits is a dessert recipe which will be made with fruits, its very tasty and healthy dish. Phirni is very creamy and rice pudding. This Phirni we can make from different fruits like Apple phirni, banana phirni, strawberry phirni, badam phirni, mango, kesar etc. In this recipe phirni is flavored with cardamom and kesar(saffron).
Any fruit puIp can be added to the phirni recipe. Different fruits gives different flavors. Which fruit you Iove the most that you can add to your phirni recipe. I love dessert recipes, you can find those desserts here: Granola Bars, Gulab Jamun. I love mango flavor, even my kids love the same so I use to make mango phirni whenever we like to have. One bowl of mango phirni with few saffron strands and drizzling of cardamom powder tempts me always. There shouldn’t be any reason to have dessert recipe, so I don’t wait for anyone to have a cup of this Phirni.
There are so many methods to make phirni with variety of fruits. In this article I have used mixture of apple, pineapple and banana fruits. Even I have used dry fruits which is very healthy and it provides required vitamins and proteins to our body. This is like Milk Payasam recipe. Usually children do not like to eat dry fruits. In such case you can make phirni and add dry fruits in that phirni, then watch every child, they like to have dry fruits.
It takes only 10-15 minutes to cook. You can use this method and you can prepare phirni in your own kitchen with low cost.
- Bhasmathi Rice boiled with milk – 1 bowl
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3 table spoon
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 table spoon
- Kesar (saffron) – few strands
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Dry fruits – 1/2 cup
- Fruits (apple,pineapple, banana) – 1 cup
- Take a pan pour bhasmathi rice which is boiled with milk.
- Add sugar let it get mixed well.
- Add ghee mix it up nicely
- Take a bowl and add milk powder and little water and mix that you will get paste. Add that paste to that pan.
- In the other bowl and soak kesar in milk for 5 minutes. Add that soaked kesar with milk in to that pan.
- Add cardamom and grated coconut mix it well.
- You will get good aroma of that ghee and cardomom, then add above told dry fruits and fresh fruits. Mix that well. Now phirni with fruits is ready to serve.
Garnish with dry fruits like almonds, pistachio and rose petals. It looks gorgeous. You can serve hot or if you like cold then keep it in fridge and have it after 10 minutes.
Note: Here I have used pieces of fruits. Instead of pieces you can mashed pulp of different fruits, which makes our phirni recipe is very yummy dessert recipe. You can add little ice-cream in phirni and serve to your child, without making any irritation your child start to eat because of that ice-cream. Using cardamom helps in digestion. It is a remedy for mouth ulcer, depression etc. So our recipe can become very healthy.