Pesto pasta recipe is one of my favorite in pasta recipes. The beauty of this recipe is very colorful and flavorful as we makes pesto in this recipe. This pasta is blended with pesto,So this pesto is the main thing in this dish. While I am late night from office I use to make pesto pasta dish for me and my family. Even it a simple dish it looks gorgeous and flavorful.
A small child can cook this recipe. My kid loves to make simple pastas and chocolate, brownies and cookies which are his most favorite dishes. When he gets summer vacation he starts to learn some cooking recipes. In one way he learn the cooking and other way he helps me in the kitchen. Not a bad thing as well. Whatever my kids do in the kitchen I don’t shout on them instead I support them to cook and learn new things. If it is more spicy, salty whatever it is, I like to appreciate as they are giving that kind of interest in cooking.
If kids are interested in cooking let them continue in the kitchen so in the future your child may become a big Chef. My kid was irritating me to do new recipes, so I told him that you only do something, learn something and cook and serve to your parents and friends. After that he started learning about cooking. Now I am getting some new recipes during his vacation.
Let me tell you how he prepared this pesto pasta recipe. It can be made with pasta, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, salt, chili flakes, milk, walnuts, basil,garlic, Parmesan cheese. The making process is very easy. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Here he has used only few ingredients, but you can use different ingredients and make variations and innovation in this pesto pasta recipe.
- Penne pasta – 250 grams
- Olive oil – 3 table spoon
- Cherry tomatoes (cubed) – 1 bowl (10-15)
- Salt to taste
- Crushed red chili flakes – 1 table spoon
- Milk – 1-2 cup (as required)
- Crushed walnuts or pine nut – 15
- Fresh Basil – 1/2 cup
- Minced Garlic – 1 table spoon
- Parmesan cheese – 6 table spoon
- Boil water in a deep pan, add salt and pasta mix it well. Boil for 15 minutes. Strain it and transfer to bowl and add oil keep a side.
- Take mixi jar add basil leaves, garlic, salt, walnut and olive oil blend it make a puree of it.
- Add Parmesan cheese grind it again, you will get pesto, keep it a side.
- Heat olive oil in a pan add cherry tomatoes and salt let it cook for 2 minutes mash it , add pesto , chili flakes and add pasta. Toss it. Add milk, mix it, cook it for 2 minutes and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Pour it in serving bowl and garnish with tomato, green bean or any slices of lime, orange, onion etc. Serve hot with Fruit Salad.
Here you can use different pesto like basil pesto, mint pesto, spinach pesto, almond pepper pesto etc. But I recommend basil and mint pesto for this pesto pasta recipe. Add some shrimps and mushrooms in this recipe, you will get great taste. First roast shrimps and mushroom in the pan through some little oil and season it with black pepper and squeeze lime juice, saute it and add to the pasta and taste it.