My today’s dinner recipe is very beautiful and tasteful which is nothing but Mutton curry – Mutton Green Masala. I love this recipe so much and I hope you would also like this recipe. It takes around 1 hour to prepare. Green masala can be made with either from chicken or mutton. In this recipe I have used mutton chops instead of chicken. Whatever this spicy recipe cures cold so I use to make this recipe in cool winter season or rainy season. There is nothing good than 1 plate of mutton recipe for my dinner menu.
You can prepare a lot of dishes from mutton. I have explained different easy mutton recipes in my old posts. If you have missed check it here: Mutton fry, Mutton curry, mutton biriyani.
Well….Mutton green masala is a gravy item which is good combination with roti, butter naan or white rice. While eating this recipe squeeze 1 lemon juice in the recipe and have it, because you can feel hot and sour taste in the recipe.
Ingredients of Mutton Curry – Mutton Green Masala :
- Mutton – 1 ½ kg (cut into medium pieces)
- Oil – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 2 table spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 table spoon
- Finely chopped tomatoes – 2 large
- Salt to taste.
- Grind to a paste:
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions – 4 large
- Ginger – 10grams
- Garlic – 25 cloves
- Green chilies – 10
- Mint leaves – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Tamarind – 10 grams
- Black pepper seeds – 10
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 4
- Poppy seeds – 1 table spoon.
Cooking Method of Mutton Curry – Mutton Green Masala :
- Take mutton pieces, wash and clean it properly and set aside.
- Heat 1 table spoon of oil in a pan.
- Roast coconut till pale brown in color and remove in a bowl.
- Add 2 table spoon of oil to the pan and fry onions till pale brownish color and remove from the pan.
- Take a mixer jar and pour onions, coconut, ginger, garlic, green chilies, mint leaves, tamarind, black pepper seeds, cardamom, cloves and poppy seeds by adding a little water from time to time make a fine paste.
- Heat remaining oil in a cooker for about 2 minutes; add turmeric powder, tomatoes and salt.
- Cook till tomatoes are soft stirring constantly.
- Add meat, mix well add the ground paste and add ¼ cup of water.
- Stir once. Close cooker.
- Keep it in low flame and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove cooker from gas stove. Let it get cool.
Now Mutton in Green Masala is ready to serve. Garnish this recipe with chopped mint leaves, cilantro, parsley or any slices of onion, limes, cucumber or tomatoes. Serve hot to your loved one and feel cool.
Note: If you cook mutton first then you can save some time. If you do not like mutton then substitute with chicken. Mutton can be cooked with salt, lemon juice or tamarind juice, 2 table spoon of turmeric powder and little garlic ginger and green chili paste. Mix it well and add ½ cup of water or coconut juice and cook it with pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistle. If you do so after adding masala no need to cook much.