Today we are going to make Lamingtons the best Australian cake. That is so delicious yummy dessert cake recipe, which I love the most. Even my kids always love this lamingtons. In this recipe the main ingredient is desiccated coconut. Any way Christmas is coming soon let’s prepare sweety, yummy lamingtons. One bite of lamington gives the full of satisfaction, there is nothing better than this dessert like my Granola with Maple and Pecans.
Last year we all had gone to my friends house to celebrate Christmas party, on that day she served this lamingtons. The very next day I tried this dish it came out perfect. I love lamingtons which is fully chocolatee and coated with desiccated coconut. It looks gorgeous as it’s a good colour combination i.e. brown and white totally contrast colour, which is my favorite colour of party wear too.
You know I am mad with this kind of dessert recipe which makes me very very happy in my boring days. I use to discover in my free time to become unique from others. I love uniqueness in everything. It’s my motivational source being unique in cooking. If you feel loneliness then try this lamington you can get rid of loneliness very soon. Because that kind of company you can get from this recipe.
If you love orange flavors then you can go for it. Like some people loves strawberry flavor, so it’s depend on your taste. But desiccated coconut is main ingredient in the lamingtons. I make many flavors cake because I love chocolate flavor but my kid loves strawberry and my partner loves orange. So rotational basis I use to make this cake in different flavors. Whatever it is I don’t and won’t get bored with this lamingtons dish. Ok..my dear cake lovers this is the time to know how to prepare lamingtons step by step.
- Butter – 1 cup
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla essence – 1 table spoon
- Refined flour – 2 cups
- Salt a pinch
- Baking powder – 1 table spoon
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 cup
You may like: Quick and Easy Lentil Soup
Cooking Method :
- Take a bowl and add butter, castor sugar and 3 eggs blend them nicely.
- Add vanilla essence, milk, refined flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well. If necessary add little flour and mix.
- Pour that batter in baking tray.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30 minutes.
- Insert tooth pick in the middle it must come out clean. If it is so you can remove it from oven or wait for 5 more minutes to bake.
- In the other bowl add icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter, melt it through boiling water steam and make chocolate sauce.
- Take a plate and spread desiccated coconut.
- Now take that cake and cut it in square shape with medium pieces.
- Take each pieces of cake and dip it in the chocolate sauce and roll in dessicated coconut let it coat properly.
- Now your delicious lamingtons ready to serve. Be happy with this Dessert recipe.