Are you looking for Lamb Biryani? Then check out this lamb biryani recipe which is very delicious recipe for non vegetarians. I love Dum biryani either Mutton, lamb or Chicken Biryani which gives much flavor and aroma. It is one of my holiday dish like Sunday’s special….You know why? Because it takes much time to prepare. So usually I prepare these types of foods in my holidays.
Lamb biryani can be made with mutton, basmati rice, spicy masala powders, garam masala, curd, lemon juice, cardamom, mint leaves etc. Let us know what the ingredients of this mutton biryani are and how to prepare step by step.
- Lamb – 1 kg
- Basmati rice – 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste – 6 table spoon
- Chopped /sliced onions – 8
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Red chili powder – 2 table spoon
- Green chilies – 12 numbers
- Garm masala powder – 2 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 4 table spoon
- Beaten curd – 2 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 table spoon
- Saffron – pinch
- Ghee – 6 table spoon
- Chopped Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Cardamom-2-3 numbers
- Cloves – 3 numbers
- Bay leaf – 2 numbers
- Shah jeera / cumin seeds – 2 table spoon
- Take lamb in a bowl make medium sized pieces and wash it properly.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the mutton pieces along with salt, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, green chilies(slit into halves), shah jeera , cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, garam masala powder and curds.
- Let it marinate for two hours.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and pour sliced onions fry until they get crispy.
- Remove it from oil and add to the lamb mixture.
- Boil three to four liters of water and add the whole cardamom, bay leaf, cloves and salt to taste when water starts to boiling.
- Wash the rice and pour it in the boiling water.
- Cook the rice ½ done.
- Drain the excess water.
- Pour the marinated lamb pieces into a thick bottom vessel, add the ghee and then add the cooked rice on top and pour the fried onions on top.
- Drizzle the saffron milk over the rice.
- Cover the lid.
- In order to remain the steam in the vessel, seal it with wheat dough around the edges of the lid.
- Cook it on slow fire for one hour.
Now your hot lamb biryani is ready to serve garnish with cilantro or parsley with some lemon and onion slices. It is a good combination with salad or raita.
Note: Here I have marinated lamb with spices for 2 hours. Marinate for long time as much as possible, so you can get good taste for your biryani. You can use lemon juice extractor to remove lemon juice from lemons. Don’t overcook rice, if you do so your recipe will be spoiled. Rice must be ¾ th cooked, should be chew able (crispiness). Here I have used ghee but you can use butter instead of ghee. If you use oil in this recipe it will not give any good aroma. So I prefer to use ghee or butter.