Jack fruit Recipes are famous Asian cuisine. In many function this recipe is common dish in coastal region. This is healthy recipe; it takes 30 minutes to prepare. You can prepare much type of recipes from this jack fruit like curry, snacks, papads etc. There are many varieties to prepare this dish. You can prepare dry recipe or gravy type. Raw Jack fruit curry can be made with coconut, chilies, tamarind, coriander, oil, jaggery, mustard seeds etc. Before knowing the cooking process let us know what are the health benefits of Jack fruit.
Health Benefits of Jack fruit:
- It helps to control high blood pressure in our body.
- It controls Asthma and prevents Anemia.
- It helps to improve blood circulation in our body.
- Jack fruit is excellent source of magnesium which helps to strengthen our bones.
- It acts as anti-aging property so useful tour skin.
- It is very rich in Vitamin A which helps to get good eye sight.
- Jack fruits are rich in anti-cancer properties.
- Raw jack fruit – 1 small
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilies – 8 (roasted)
- Tamarind – a small marble sized lump
- Jaggery – a small marble sized lump
- Salt to taste
- Coriander seeds – 2 table spoon
- Black gram – 1 table spoon
- Coconut oil – 4 table spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves – 1 bunch
- Cut raw jack fruit into medium sized pieces and keep it in water.
- Cook it in just enough water till just done. Heat a table spoon of oil fry coriander seeds and urad daal (black gram) to light golden brownish color and set aside.
- Grind the coconut, red chilies and tamarind to a dry coarse paste, then add the roasted asafetida, salt, jaggery and grind again.
- Remove the masala paste and mix it with the cooked jackfruit pieces and crush it well with hands till it has mixed well.
- Heat 3 table spoon of oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves add this mixture add a little water.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame till it is dry.
- Do not cook in high flame, it will burn soon and sticks to vessel.
- Once it gets dry pour it into bowl.
- Now Jack fruit recipes – jack fruit curry is ready to serve. Garnish it with cilantro or coriander leaves.
Note: While cutting raw jack fruit apply oil to your hand so the gum which contain in the jack fruit will not stick to your hand. You can use beans and potato, bitter gourd and hog plums, cabbage, Brinjal and Drumsticks, Bengal gram, kabuli chana also. There is no need to crush these vegetables. If you are facing diabetes problem then do not eat jack fruit. The consumption of jack fruit increases glucose content in our body which leads diabetes.