Are you looking for any chat items? Then check here about Healthy Snacks with Papdi Chat. It is a best snack for evening time. In this trend chat item is very famous. All most all people love to have these chats. It is very tasty and healthy snacks recipe. But it takes more time to preparation.
If I feel very lazy or tired then I don’t go-to this recipe as it takes long period. But it’s very tasty recipe. A bowl of papdi chat looks very colorful with that curd and coriander. I love the spicy chats which can be seen in many dabas or restaurants. This is one of great street food in India. You can prepare aloo chats too, it’s very simple snack, it wont take much time. Even you can replace potatoes with sweet potatoes.
Here I am sharing home made style of Papdi chats. It can be made from maida flour, rice flour, tamarind juice, cumin, carom seeds, pudina, potato, tomato, onions, and coriander leaves etc. Let us know what ingredients are required and how to prepare these papdis step by step.
- Tamarind juice or pulp – 2-3 cups
- Chili powder – 4table spoons
- Cumin seeds/powder – 2table spoons
- Ginger powder – 1 table spoon
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Green chili – 5-6 chopped
- Pudina – 2 cups
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 5 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Maida Flour – 2 cups
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Carom seeds / Ajwain – ½ table spoon
- Ghee – 3 table spoon
- Tomato – 2 chopped
- Onion – 2 chopped
- Curd – ½ cup
- Potato boiled and mashed – ½ cup
- Chat masala – 2 table spoons
You may like: Chakli Recipe
- Take a pot and pour tamarind juice, chili powder, cumin seeds or cumin powder, ginger powder and jaggery and boil it.
- Take a mixer jar put green chili, pudina, coriander leaves and ginger, grind it well until you get fine paste.
- Remove that paste (chutney) in a bowl and add lemon juice and salt mix it well and keep a side.
- Take a bowl add Maida flour, rice flour, salt, carom seeds, ghee, cumin and water mix it well, make dough. It should not be sticky. Make small sized balls from that dough and use rolling pin and make small papdis.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry that papdis in oil, let it get light brownish color both the sides. Remove that in a bowl.
- Take a bowl add tomato, onion, chili, curd, potato, chat masala and coriander leaves mix it well and add it to that papdis bowl. Pour some curd if you want. Now Snack recipes with papdi chat is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with cilantro, slices of tomato or onions and serve your loved one with American chop suey.
Note: You can make papdis in any shapes like round shape, triangle shape etc. Papdis must not be soft, it must be hard. Use Rice flour more then you will get hard papdis. Here I have used ghee while making dough, it gives good aroma and dough will not be very sticky. Instead of ghee You can use olive oil but I prefer to use ghee.