Are you looking for Healthy Snacks for kids? Then check this Aloo bonda recipe for your kids. Aloo bonda is a delicious food. Which is very tasty and aromatic. It is also called as aloo vada. It is very crispy in out side and soft in inside. It is famous food all over the world. It is a good combination with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup. Using besan provides a very different texture and flavor.
When I feel starving I love to make Aloo Bonda recipe. This dish is blended with onion,chili and some other spices. Deep fried potato balls are very tasty for kids too and a spoon of red tomato sauce gives gorgeous looks on my white serving plate. We can see this recipes in Udupi hotels but finally it became famous in many more restaurants. Be careful while frying this bonda, don’t fry for long time. It is one of my favorite tea time snack.
Through Aloo (Potato) you can prepare different types of recipes. They are Aloo baji, Paratha, Aloo pakoda, Aloo Badi etc. Bachelors can make this recipe without any hard work. This is a snack item for which you can use for your kids Tiffin box as every kid like this Aloo bonda. Here I am going to explain you how to make Aloo bonda recipe step by step.
Ingredients of Healthy Snacks for Kids with Aloo Bonda:
- Potatoes (Aloo) – 3 (big)
- Chopped green chili – 2
- Gram flour (besan) – 1 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Chopped onions – 1 big
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 table spoon
- Pinch of garam masala powder (optional)
- Oil to deep frying
- Chili powder – 1/2 table spoon
- Asafetida (hing) – a pinch
- Finely chopped garilic and ginger – 1 table spoon
Cooking Method of Healthy Snacks for Kids with Aloo Bonda:
- Take Aloo (Potatoes), wash properly and boil and mash it (it will be 3 cup) and keep aside.
- Next add coriander powder, chili powder, salt, chopped coriander leaves and chopped green chilies, finely chopped garilic and ginger and chopped onions (optional) to mashed aloos and mix that properly and keep aside.
- In other bowl add gram flour, asafetida (hing), a pinch of turmeric powder, chili powder and salt for taste mix it well by using water, you should get nice batter, that is neither too thick and too thin. That batter must stick to the bonda after dipping it.
- Next make small balls f that Aloo mixture (step:2).
- Heat oil in a pan, Dip that Aloo balls in the batter and deep fry in oil in low flame.
- Fry until it get golden color or light brownish color.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot Aloo bonda with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
Note: While serving you can use sandwich buns then it will become Vada Pav. Cut that sandwich bun in the middle and insert that vada or bonda in the bun and add cilantro chutney or coriander chutney or pudeena chutney. A lot of variation you can make in aloo recipe.I have made medium size of balls so I got nearly 9-10 bondas.