Healthy Saag Paneer Recipe is a famous North Indian Recipe. You can prepare a lot of recipes from paneer. Like a Chicken Momos Recipe you can substitute with Paneer in momos recipe. It can be made with spinach, paneer, cream or coconut milk and with some spices. Let us know the ingredients and preparation method of Saag Paneer Recipe.
- Palak (spinach) – 2 medium bunch
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 bunch
- Peeled and chopped radish – 1 cup
- Chopped onion – 2
- Cinnamon – 1-2 inch
- Bay leaf – 2
- Chopped ginger – 1/2 table spoon
- Chopped garlic – 1 table spoon
- Chopped tomato – 1/2 cup
- Red chili – 3-4
- Green chili – 2
- Cubed paneer – 250 grams
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 table spoon
- Oil or butter – 3-4 table spoon
- Gram flour – 2 table spoon
- Crushed kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 2 table spoon
You may like: Aloo Badiki Sabji
- Steam (blanch) palak (spinach), fenugreek and radishes and drain it.
- Add it into the blender and make a fine paste and keep a side.
- Next take a blender and add onion, ginger, garlic and chili and make fine paste of these too.
- Heat a pan with butter or oil and add paneer cubes, fry it until it gets golden brown.
- Next heat a pan add oil and cinnaman stick, bayleaf, red chilis and add onion paste which you kept aside.
- Stir it well let it get light brown, then add tomatoes, and red chili powder.
- Let that tomato get soften. Then add palak – fenugrrek-radish paste, stir well.
- Add gram flour, stir well as no lumps are formed.
- Add turmeric and salt to taste.
- Add 1 glass of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next add kasoori methi, fresh cream and fried paneer stir well, simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Now your Saag Paneer Recipe is ready to serve with roti, Paratha, naan or white rice.