Are you looking for Healthy Chicken Momos Recipe? In this article I am going to share how to make chicken momos recipe easily. These momos are steamed recipe which are very famous in Chinese and Japan countries. You can use it as breakfast recipe. They are very low in fat and helps to lose your weight.
I have made many more recipes from chicken. If you have missed that, you can find those recipes here : Chicken chili, Chicken drumsticks, Chicken pasta recipe. This momos recipe is very delicious, steamed and filled with spicy and juicy chicken. Let us starts with Ingredients and cooking steps.
Ingredients of Chicken Momos Recipe:
- Boneless chicken – 1 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 cup
- Green bean – ½ cup
- Onions chopped – ½ cup
- Spring onions – ¼ cup
- Garlic chopped – 3-4 table spoon
- Ginger chopped -3-4 table spoon
- Pepper powder – 1 table spoon
- Green chili (chopped) – 3-4 number
- Salt to taste
- Water as required (to make dough)
- Soy sauce – 1 table spoon
Ingredients for Sauce:
- Tomatoes – 2 number
- Red chili – 8
- Vinegar as required
- Garlic cloves – 8
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required.
- Take a bowl, pour all-purpose flour, salt, water and oil mix it well and knead in to dough. You should get stiff dough; in the sense dough should not stick to your hand.
- Next mince that boneless chicken and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add minced chicken, soy sauce, green chili, pepper powder, onions, ginger, garlic, spring onions, green bean and little salt for taste and mix it properly.
- Take small pieces from the dough, make small balls from it. Next you have to make small sized chapattis to fill that prepared mix.
- Make small sized like puri. Make it as thinner so you can fill the edge very easily.
- Take one table spoon of chicken mix and pour in to chapatti, fold that into half moon shape and twist that edges to seal, make sure there should not be any opening.
- Boil water in a steamer and grease cooking oil to that steamer tray because momos should not stick to that steamer tray. If you grease oil then it will not stick.Place all momos into the steamer and let it boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Next you have to prepare sauce.
- First soak that red chili in the vinegar for 2 hours.Grind the above said ingredients in mixer. Make it as little medium like not too much thick or thin.
- Now hot momos and sauce is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with tomato, cucumber and lemon slices. It goes good with chicken curry.
Note: In momos recipe you can use any good vegetables like carrots, cabbage etc. Here you can use aji-na-moto but it is optional. Instead of chicken you can use pork, goat or vegetables. You can make it as spicy also, if you are serving for your children then do not make spicier because spicy is not good for health. Keep the dough in the closed container for half an hour so it will be moistened.