Are you looking for healthy breakfast? Then I am here to explain you how to make healthy breakfast with Gobi Paratha step by step. Gobi paratha is a one of the popular food of Punjab in India. You can have it for lunch or as a breakfast dish. It can be made with Gobi which can be called as cauliflower, wheat flour, onions, tomatoes and some spicy masalas. Do not get confused with these ingredients let me explain.
- Gobi (cauliflower) – 1 small sized
- Wheat flour – 3 cups
- Chopped Onions – 2
- Chopped Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 cup
- Green chili – 7-8 (finely chopped)
- Cumin powder – 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 table spoon
- Garam masala – ¼ table spoon
- Garlic-ginger paste – 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Red chili powder (optional) – 1-2 table spoon
You may like: Sweet pongal
- Take a bowl and knead the wheat flour to a fine consistency (like chapathi knead) and keep aside.
- Take small sized gobi and clean that properly.
- Next you have to grate that gobi, you should get fine small pieces like grated coconut.
- Take a bowl and add above said chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and chopped green chili and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and green chili, let it fry until it get light brownish color.
- Next add garlic-ginger paste and chopped tomatoes, let it fry for 1 minute.
- Then add above said coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and salt, mix it well. Stir it for few seconds.
- After that add grated gobi and mix it let it cook for 1-2 minutes and add coriander leaves and remove that whole mix from the pan and put it in the bowl. Let it cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Now you have to make Gobi paratha from this prepared mix.
- Take medium sized dough of kneaded wheat flour and make a round shaped balls and convert that ball shaped dough in to cup shape and fill gobi mix in that knead, close it properly and again make it into round shaped balls. Next flatten it by dipping in wheat flour like how you make in chapati process.
- Roll the paratha dough with rolling pin to round shape.
- Heat heavy frying pan, cook each paratha in a medium flame, while paratha’s color getting change to brownish color, aplly little oil, mean while turn to another side and follow the same.
- Remove the paratha from the heat.
Now paratha is ready to serve hot. Garnish it with tomato sauce. Serve with curd, or spicy chutney, or Chicken Curry. It will be a good combination. While serving pour ghee or butter on the top of paratha, it gives a fabulous aroma and taste.
Note: If you like spicy paratha then add chili powder and chopped green chili, otherwise you can ignore any one item. While cleaning gobi use hot water with little salt and pour the gobi in that hot water. Keep it for 2-3 minutes in that and scoop the gobi from hot water. Like this you can remove if there are any worms in the Gobi.