Are you looking for Healthy Breakfast? Then check out my following sweet Appam recipes, which is very easy and healthy breakfast recipes for your kids. Last week I thought about to make dessert recipe which is very healthy and sweet. At the same time my friend told me to make Appam recipe. Some times I become lazy. So I use to make this breakfast recipe in my holidays. My mom taught me this dish. In my first attempt I did not get the perfect outcome. In 3rd attempt I came to know how to prepare properly, then got perfect outcome. Ok now let us know about this dish.
Here I am going to share how to make sweet Appam Dish. It is very easy to make but it takes some time to prepare. Appam dish is famous food of India. Even it is a traditional food. You can prepare this food for your daily breakfast even for your kids Tiff-in box. There are many varieties to prepare sweet recipe appam. Some people use raw rice and some are wheat flour. Mixture of wheat flour and raw rice you can use. Here I have used only raw rice and I didn’t use wheat flour. You will get different taste and aroma if you use both. Well…. let’s start.
- Raw rice – 2 cups
- Urud dhal /Black gram -1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 2 cups
- Methi /fenu greek – 1/4 cup
- Ghee as required
- Soak rice, black gram and methi in water for 5-6 hrs.
- Next wash that properly and grind it well with water and add salt and keep that batter for fermentation overnight.
- Next day add grated coconut and jaggery to that batter and mix it well. (or while grinding you can add grated coconut)
- Heat appa kadai or tawa pour little oil or ghee ( I prefer ghee only) and pour that batter and close the lid. (in market you can get separate utensil called paniyaram pan for frying appam).
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Use spatula and turn for other side so you have to fry both the sides of appam, fry till it get brownish/golden color and remove that appam.
- Now healthy breakfast with appam recipe is ready to serve. Your kids breakfast also ready. You can add ghee on this. It gives good aroma and even taste. You can have it as snacks with tea or coffee.
Note: Some people do not use methi, but if you use methi in appam dish then you will get good taste and aroma of methi. With this same batter you can prepare dosa instead of appam. If you like more sweet then add more jaggery which help you to get more sweetness in the appam. If you suffering from diabetes then use this recipe(but don’t use jaggery much) because it contains methi which can be called as fenugreek, It helps to control your blood and sugar conditions in the body. You can add cardamom to the appam batter. It is good for health and even you will get good aroma.