Hey foodies welcome to my food world. Today I am going to prepare a healthy granola bars. It can be made with cereals and nuts which are very necessary for us. I love oats which I use for my morning breakfast or as evening snacks.
My picky diner requested to make this granola bars. You can substitute any nuts or dried fruits and make these bars. It’s better to make at home instead of buying from stores. The home made granola has good taste than which is bought from stores. So I always love to cook myself at home. This dessert is big hit in my menu. Use roasted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in the recipe.
Cereals are very essential for us to get healthy body. Cereals can be used for babies which will be a best food for babies. When baby reaches to 6 months then you can start these cereal in the form of solids. You might be knowing cerelac for babies which contains more sugar so your baby loves to eat fully without irritation. Instead of buying from stores you can prepare it in home and feed it to your baby, It is very much healthy. You can make rice cereal or oats cereal for your baby by using daal and ghee.
You might be knowing about oats. You can prepare a lot of yummy recipes from oats. I have prepared many more dishes and now love to share those recipes for my lovely food lovers. In my old post I have posted Granola clusters like wise here I am going to use cereals in this dessert. Even I am using pine nuts and almonds to give a different taste to my dessert. This dessert is a combination of some cereals, nuts, raisins, jaggery, honey, cinnamon powder and cocoa powder. Let’s know how to prepare granola bars.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Muesli – 1 cup
- Corn flakes – 1 cup
- Pine nuts – ½ cup
- Almonds – ½ cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – ½ table spoon
- Cocoa powder – 1 cup
- Honey – 3 table spoon
- Raisins – ¼ cup
You may like: Diabetic Recipes with Bitter Guard Fry
- Take a pan and heat and pour oats, muesli, pine nuts, almonds and corn flakes. Roast it for few seconds. Remove it in the bowl and keep aside.
- In the other bowl add cocoa powder and cinnamon powder mix nicely. Add honey into bowl stir well.
- In a other pan melt jaggery and pour in to the above bowl. Mix well. And add roasted cereals, pine nuts. Mix well.
- Next add raisins and some nuts stir well.
- Take a tray and pour the mix and spread it. Keep it in rest for 15 minutes, let it get little hard.
- Cut it in your liked shapes. Now granola bars are ready to serve to your friends and loved ones.
You can use different types of nuts. Here I didn’t use any type of butter or ghee, it’s optional. Don’t miss my next post, i.e. about oats cake and oats smoothie which is very helpful to weight loss.