Chaklies are healthy snacks for toddlers. This Chakli is the popular dish of India. These chaklies are use to do in different festival time. In Diwali time we can see this recipe in each and every ones house in India. Its very easy to make and even too healthy.
Millet chaklis are best for health. You might know about millet (ragi) health benefits. I have made one recipe from millet which was very quick and tasty. You can try that recipe, if you missed that check here: How to make Ragi Dosa recipe?
You can make this Snack recipe in various methods. You can use urad dal(blackgram) flour and gram flour to make this chakli or murukku. But here I have used rice flour and chiroti rave from which we can make chakli within 30 minutes. In this recipe no need to wait for marination of dough like urad dal chakli. After making that dough directly you can start to make chakli through chakli mould.
Let us start step by step.
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Water as required
- Chiroti rave – 1-2 cups
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Chili powder – a pinch (to taste)
You may like: Lamingtons the best Australian cake
- In the large bowl add 2 cups of rice flour, 1 table spoon of oil and add little water, combine nicely. You will get thin paste.
- Add sesame seeds, little(a pinch of) chili powder, butter and salt to that paste.
- Add chiroti rave to that paste. you have to add this chiroti rave to make this thin paste in to thick or you have to start to knead the dough.
- Dough should not be sticky. The consistency of dough is like a chapathi dough.
- Take chakli maker / mould and grease it with oil.
- Take a ball from that dough and place it with that chakli mould.
- Press that mould, that dough will come out from that mould shape it nicely on plastic sheet.
- Take a wok or a pan, pour oil and heat, and place that shaped chakli dough whichever is on plastic that drop in to hot oil.
- Let it fry in low flame. You have to fry until it gets light brownish both the side.
- Remove chakli from oil and put it on tissue papers. Serve with any hot soup dish.
Now hot crispy and crunchy chakli is ready to serve. You can have it with tea, coffee etc. Here chili powder is optional this is only because of taste we should add. Some people would like to have spicy items in such case you can add little more chili powder. While biting chakli if you feel very hard then add little hot oil to that dough and make next batch.
Rather than sesame seeds you can use cumin seeds, but I recommend sesame seeds because it’s very tasty if you deep fry it and it gives good aroma. Using chiroti rave gives crispyness and even good aroma, which is very tasty.