Are you looking for best Diabetic recipes? Then check out the following recipe which is very useful for diabetic patients. Here I am going to share bitter gourd fry recipe. This is also called as bitter melon. It is in green dark color when unripe and it turns red or dark yellow color when it ripe.
Bitter guard fry recipe can be made with bitter gourd, rice flour, masala powders, red chili powder, salt etc. It takes 15-20 minutes to prepare. Let us know what are the ingredients and cooking method of bitter gourd fry recipe step by step.
- Bitter Gourd – 4 numbers
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Pepper powder – 4 table spoon
- Red chili powder – 4 table spoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ table spoon (optional)
- Asafoetida – ¼ table spoon
- Oil – for deep frying
- Turmeric powder – ½ table spoon
- Water (optional)
You may like: Mushroom Risotto
- Wash Bitter gourd nicely and make thin slices and remove all seeds.
- If you want to remove some bitterness add salt to the sliced bitter gourd and rub it nicely keep it aside for an hour and wash it properly and drain it through some kitchen towel. But it is optional process without this you can prepare bitter gourd fry which will be very tasty and healthy.
- Take a bowl and add rice flour, pepper powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida, turmeric powder, salt and little water for consistency and add bitter gourd.
- Mix it well and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and take few bitter gourds (which you made ready to make fry) and fry it for both the sides until you get light brownish (golden) color.
- Remove it from the pan and pour in a bowl.
- Serve this with slices of tomato, cucumber or lemon.
It is a best combination with white rice or coconut rice and sambar. Try this in your kitchen and serve your loved one.
Note: There are many methods to prepare this recipe. Here I have used simple method. It is one of best diabetic recipe as I explained above. Exclusive consumption of bitter gourd by children or on empty stomach is very dangerous.