Chicken Empanadas are made by folding dough over a chicken stuffing, it may consist some other ingredients like beef, pork, cheese or potatoes etc. Spain is the origin of the empanadas. Many people will make these empanadas in their own version by using different ingredients. It goes best with salads and salsas. You can use this salads to Lemon Chicken Breast which is my kid’s favorite. Chicken Empanadas pretty easy to make. You can fry or bake it’s left to you. Here I am going to bake empanadas. Ok dears let’s move towards our dish.
Ingredients for dough:
- Refined flour – 3 cups
- Salt – 1/2 table spoon
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Cold water – 1/2 cup or as required for consistency
Ingredients for chicken:
- Oil – 3 table spoon
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped garlic – 1 table spoon
- Chopped chicken breasts – 6
- Chopped Capsicum – 1
- Italian seasoning salt – 1/4 table spoon
- Pepper powder – 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Tomato puree – 2 table spoon
- Grated cheese – 1cup
- Take a bowl and add refined flour, Butter, little salt and egg. Mix nicely and pour little cold water and knead the dough. And keep aside.
- Now let’s make ready of chicken stuff. For that heat oil in a pan and add onion and garlic, saute well until it gets brown colour.
- Then add chopped chicken, stir well.
- Meanwhile add chopped capsicum and give quick toss.
- Add Italian seasoning salt, pepper, tomato puree and salt to taste.
- Now chicken stuff is ready to fill, remove it in the bowl and set aside.
- Take that dough which already you made. Make small balls and flatten it to small round sheets.
- Take each sheet and add chicken stuff on it and add grated cheese. Wrap it, close the side edge and give good design through fork. Continue until you finish all the sheets.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and arrange empanadas in the oven. Bake it for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley or coriander leaves and cream.
- Serve hot with any soup.